Application Deadline: 8 August, 12pm BST
There are over 1 billion people in the world living with some form of a disability – that’s 15% of the world’s population, or 1 in 7 of us. This group is chronically underrepresented at every level.
One Young World is proud to announce The 1 in 7 Scholarship in partnership with Include Me TOO which will support 5 of the world’s most inspiring and impactful leaders in the disability space to participate in the One Young World Summit 2018 which takes place in The Hague, Netherlands from 17 – 20 October.
Include Me TOO is a charity working locally nationally and internationally with disabled children young people and their families supporting their rights, inclusion, participation and representation from a diverse range of backgrounds.
The charity supports and promotes social justice, equality and rights for all disabled children and young people. Include Me TOO provides a range of support services including peer support, befriending services, activities and holiday clubs for disabled children, outreach and information and advice. The charity advises on policy, disability equality, diversity, inclusion and rights, nationally and internationally.
Include Me TOO are behind the National Charter Of Rights for Disabled Children & Young People which was signed and supported by several national charities, government departments, government ministers, the Prime Minister in 2008 including consecutive Prime Ministers.
In order to apply you must:
- Be aged 18 – 30
- Identify as having a disability
Successful candidates will excel in the following areas:
- Evidenced commitment to supporting the equality and rights for disabled persons
- Leadership ability
- Concern for local or global issues
- Ability to generate and articulate impactful ideas
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2018 in The Hague, Netherlands
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis between 17 October and 20 October
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue.
- Summit hand-outs and support materials.
- The cost of travel to and from The Hague.
Visit the Official Webpage of the 1 in 7 Scholarship