Application Deadline: December 1st 2018
and AMIDEAST are pleased to announce this year’s recruitment for the Tomorrow’s Leaders Scholarship Program. The Tomorrow’s Leaders Scholarship Program is a MEPI initiative for capable and highly motivated high school seniors in the Middle East and North Africa who are from underserved backgrounds. The program will provide four-year university scholarships and internship opportunities at select institutions of higher learning in the Middle East to students who have the potential to become leaders.
Eligible students include men and women who represent the region’s cultural, religious, and geographic diversity and are from socio-economically disadvantaged backgrounds, who could otherwise gain admission to, but would be unable to afford, four years of college at an American university in the Middle East. Tomorrow’s Leaders scholarship recipients should be prepared to begin the program in the Fall 2019 term.
The primary objective of MEPI’s Tomorrow’s Leaders scholarship program is to build a cadre of university-age leaders who are civic-minded, intellectually able, and professionally skilled, who will become the community, business, and national leaders of the future. The program intends to nurture leadership skills and the spirit of civic engagement and volunteerism among outstanding university-age students at the American University of Beirut and the Lebanese American University.
Selected students will join the 447 Tomorrow’s Leaders already studying or who have graduated from these universities.
Scholarship recipients may pursue an undergraduate degree in a selected field at one of the two host institutions.. In addition to their studies, recipients will be expected to maintain at least a 3.0 GPA, engage in community service activities and participate in internships. Limited English- language training will be provided for some participants. Students may also have an opportunity for a study abroad semester in the U.S.
American University of Beirut – Offered Majors to MEPI-TL applicants who will enroll in Fall 2019
Faculty of Agriculture and Food Sciences FAFS
• Agribusiness (BS)
• Agriculture (BS)
• Food Science and Management (BS)
• Landscape Architecture (BLA)
• Nutrition and Dietetics (BS)
Faculty of Arts and Sciences (FAS)
• Arabic Language and Literature (BA)
• Archaeology (BA)
• Art History (BA)
• Biology (BS)
• Chemistry (BS)
• Computer Science (BS)
• Economics (BA)
• Education/Elementary (BA)
• English Language (BA)
• English Literature (BA)
• Geology (BS)
• History (BA)
• Mathematics (BA, BS)
• Media and Communication (BA)
• Petroleum Studies (BS)
• Philosophy (BA)
• Physics (BS)
• Political Studies (BA)
• Psychology (BA)
• Public Administration (BA)
• Sociology-Anthropology (BA)
• Special Education (DIPLM)
• Statistics (BA)
• Studio Arts (BA)
• Teaching Diploma (TD) (Teaching of Arabic, Health Education, Elementary Education, Informatics Education, Mathematics Education, Science Education, Teaching of Social Studies, Teaching of English as a foreign language)
Faculty of Health Sciences (FHS)
• Environmental Health (BS)
- Rafic Hariri School of Nursing (HSON)
Olayan School of Business (OSB)
• Business Administration (BBA)
- Participation in the program includes: travel, academic fees for four years of university at AUB or LAU, a study abroad experience in the U.S., accident and sickness insurance, housing, and a monthly allowance during the school year.
Visit the Official Webpage of the US-MEPI/AMIDEAST Tomorrow’s Leaders Scholarship Program 2018