The Alberta Advanced Education, in partnership with Alberta Innovates invests in the support of academically superior graduate students undertaking full-time researcheducation at an Alberta university, leading to a research-based master or doctoral degree.
The Alberta Innovates Graduate Student Scholarships program (GSS) is designed to enable these promising students to succeed in Platform Areas of scientific research which are strategically important to Alberta. These areas are Information and Communications Technology (ICT), Nanotechnology, and Omics.
The University of Alberta (also known as U of A and UAlberta) is a public research university located in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. It was founded in 1908 by Alexander Cameron Rutherford,the first premier of Alberta.
The University of Alberta is a major economic driver in Alberta. The university’s impact on the Alberta economy is an estimated $12.3 billion annually, or five per cent of the province’s gross domestic product.
What You Need To Know About This Alberta Innovates Graduate Student Scholarship in Canada
For health-related programs, please contact the Alberta Innovates Health Solutions (AIHS) for funding opportunities. Please note that FGSR does not administer the AIHS scholarships such as the Alberta Innovates Graduate Studentships.
READ ALSO:2019 Murdoch First Undergraduate Scholarship in Australia
LEVEL / FIELD OF STUDY:
Scholarship is available to pursue Graduate degree program at the University of Alberta .Scholarshipsare awarded in Scientific Research.
The scholarship can be taken in CANADA. If you are an international student and you wish to study in UK , this is for you Complete Guide to Getting A UK Tier 4 Student Visa For International Students.
The scholarship is available for Canadian citizens. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
Master’s full value: $26,000
PhD full value: $31,000
Top-up value: $12,000
Alberta Innovates Graduate Student Scholarship Eligibility:
- Eligible Countries: The scholarship is available for Canadian citizens.
- Entrance Requirements:
- A minimum of 3.5 GPA is an eligibility requirement for all applicants. The GPA will be calculated based on the current graduate program graded coursework at the University of Alberta, or, if a student is newly admitted, AGPA will be used to determine eligibility.
• Students applying for a master’s level Alberta Innovates GSS must have been admitted to their master’s program no earlier than spring 2017.
• Students applying for a doctoral level Alberta Innovates GSS must have been admitted to their doctoral program no earlier than spring 2015. Please note that in the case when you transfer from a master’s to a PhD program, the time spent in your master’s program counts towards the time spend in your PhD.
• Students cannot receive more than a total of four years of combined Master’s/doctoral Alberta Innovates Graduate Student Scholarship funding.
• There are no citizenship restrictions on this award.
• Your study and research must fall into the categories funded by Alberta Innovates: ICT, Nano and Omics.
• If you are not yet registered in a graduate program at UAlberta, your eligibility to apply for the Alberta Innovates GSS is contingent upon meeting all eligibility requirements for admission to a UAlberta graduate program. You should contact your prospective department for information on those requirements and must apply for this competition through that department.
• Each candidate must be sponsored by a faculty supervisor, possessing both a record of productive research within an Alberta Innovates-funded research area (ICT, Nano, Omics) and sufficient resources to ensure the satisfactory conduct of the research
How To Apply For The Alberta Innovates Graduate Student Scholarship
Applications sent directly to the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research (FGSR) by the applicant and/or applications received without a University of Alberta ID# will not be considered.
Complete application package contains:
- Alberta Innovates Graduate Student Scholarship Application form- ensure that both you and your supervisor have signed the application
- Copies of transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended.
- Incoming students: All transcripts of university degree programs submitted as part of the admission application are accessible to FGSR. No additional transcripts are required.
• Current U of A students: Up-to-date official U of A transcripts are the only transcripts FGSR requires.
• Foreign Transcripts: If FGSR does not have a certified English translation of your transcript on file, one must be submitted with the application.
Application Deadline: October 12, 2018
WE ALSO RECOMMEND:
- 2018 Yale University Beinecke Library Graduate Student Fellowships
- University of Alberta T4K Undergraduate Scholarships,2017
- Dalhousie University Master and PhD Scholarship – Canada 2018
- 2017 San Qin International Scholarships in China
- EABL Pan Africa Graduate Programme for graduates, 2018