Berea College Kentucky, United States of America (USA) invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for admission into the school. The application comes with a 100% tuition free scholarship in the 1st year and provides Summer Jobs in later years through out your stay as an undergraduate in the university.
All admitted international students receive financial aid and scholarships that cover 100% of tuition, room, board, and fees for the first year of enrollment. In subsequent years, international students are expected to save $1,000 (US) to contribute toward their expenses. The College does provide summer jobs to international students so that they may meet this obligation.
Accepted international students are also expected to pay a $50 (US) entrance fee and a $2,200 (US) deposit to confirm their enrollment. This deposit can be used by international students for certain expenses during their four years of enrollment. For students who are unable to pay all or a portion of the deposit, additional financial aid is available.
Host Institution(s): Berea College in Kentucky, USA
Level/Field of study: Bachelor’s Degree in any field of study
No. of Scholarships: Each year, the college admits about 30 new international students including Nigerians.
International applicants must meet university entrance requirements in their own country and be able to present outstanding secondary or leaving exam results. Applicants must submit a complete application packet and it must arrive in the Office of Admissions by November 30.
Applicants must also present results from one of the following approved standardized tests: TOEFL, IELTS, ACT or SAT. While scores from more than one test will be considered, applicants are required to submit scores from only one of these four tests. The minimum score required for each test is:
- TOEFL: 520 (paper-based); 190 (computer-based); 68 (internet-based)
- IELTS: 6 overall and 5 in each exam area
- ACT: 19 Composite
- SAT I: 1330 Combined Score (for tests taken before March, 2016) or 980 Combined Score (for tests taken after March, 2016)
Applicants must be fluent in the English language in both oral and written areas.
How To Apply
Interested candidates are to download the admission and scholarship Application form/packet. To download the admission and scholarship application form/packet, CLICK HERE
All of the following items are in the form/packet above, and must be mailed together to the Office of Admissions:
- International Application for Admission and Scholarship form.
- International Personal Essay and Essay Cover Sheet.
- Official scores from at least one of the following exams: TOEFL, IELTS, ACT or SAT. You should register and take the test early in order include a copy of your scores in your packet and to meet the deadline.
- Official secondary school records.
- Personal Statement of Financial Circumstances.
- International Financial Questionnaire (IFQ).
- International Financial Recommendation Form.
- Two (2) Admission Recommendation forms, at least one of which should be written by a current or former teacher.
How To Submit Completed Application Form
Completed application form/packet with relevant documents are to be sent by post or courier to the address below;
Berea College Office of Admissions 209 Chestnut Street,
Berea, KY 40403,
Please Note: Berea College does not collect any fee for submitting an application.
To apply, you must submit the International Application for Admission and Scholarship Packet before 30 November 2018.
For more information, visit the official Scholarship Website: https://www.berea.edu/admissions/application/
Share This Post