Dominica Houston Association is delighted to bring to you its Dominica Houston Association Scholarship Fund for US Citizens.
The Dominica Houston Association Scholarship provides individual grants, paid directly to the educational institution, to selected students.
The Dominica Houston Association Scholarship Fund was foundedon the belief that any motivated individual in need should have the opportunity to further his or her education. By removing some of the financial burdens associated with going to, surviving in, and graduating from college, the Dominica Houston Association Scholarship plays a vital role in increasing college access and success for many motivated yet under served youth and young adults.
The Dominica Houston Association was founded in 1996, by a group of Dominican residents in the greater Houston area, with an idea to unite and bring Dominicans and their friends together, to promote our rich culture and heritage. Since then we have stayed firm, persevered, and have been very active in the community, providing charitable assistance both locally, and at home in Dominica.
What You Need To Know About The Dominica Houston Association Scholarship Fund for US Citizens
The Dominica Houston Association Scholarship provides individual grants, paid directly to the educational institution, to selected students. The grant can be used to cover tuition expenses and related supplemental educational expenses such as books, lab fees, travel and select costs of living.
LEVEL / FIELD OF STUDY:
Scholarship application for graduating high school seniors accepted into a two year, or four-year college program current college/university students enrolled in a two-year or four-year undergraduate program 2018-2019. Scholarship is awarded to study any of the subjects offered.
Scholarship is to be taken in USA.
READ ALSO:Copenhagen Business School PhD Scholarship for International Students in Denmark
The Dominica Houston Association Scholarship is open to USA students ONLY .
The Dominica Houston Association Inc. will award five $500 competitive scholarships to Students obtaining a higher education.
The scholarship will be applied to tuition at the college or university that the student will be attending or is currently attending.
The grant can be used to cover tuition expenses and related supplemental educational expenses such as books, lab fees, and travel and select costs of living.
Dominica Houston Association Scholarship Fund Eligibility:
Eligible Countries: Applicants from the USA are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Entrance Requirements: Scholarships will be awarded based on the following criteria:
- Academic achievement (high school diploma, GED or college GPA)
- Defined career goals
- Financial hardship (Financial need)
- Community service within the last 3 years
How To Apply For The Dominica Houston Association Scholarship Fund.
Requirements for scholarship consideration:
- Completed scholarship application
- Acceptance into two or four years accredited college program
- Must be a full-time student
- The application must be postmarked no later than September 15th 2018
- The application MUST be emailed
Include the following with your application:
- Acceptance letter or unofficial transcript from a college
- Two letters of recommendation (at least one from a teacher or instructor who has taught you during the past year)
- 150-200 words essay (typed) summarizing your short and long-term career goals, including financial hardship, and community service activities.
Scholarship deadline: September 15, 2018
WE ALSO RECOMMEND:
- WORLD BANK SHORT COURSES FOR DEVELOPING COUNTRIES 2018
- IDB Young Professionals Program 2017
- Young ESA – SGAC Diversity Scholarship 2017- Contest
- World Bank Group Recruitment 2017 For Caribbean Nationals.
- World Bank Young Professionals Program 2018
- International Competition Network 2017/2018