The annual Margaret Sanders International Scholarship is open to graduating high school students from AISA full member schools. The scholarship provides financial support for the graduate to attend college or university (must be a 501 (c)(3), U.S. chartered, degree-granting institution) and may cover a broad range of educational expenses such as tuition, room and board, books, computers and the like.
Application Deadline: 15th November 2018
Eligible Countries: African countries
Click here to Get Personalised Scholarship/Opportunity Alert on your Mobile Phone FREE!
To be taken at (country): African countries
- Be enrolled at an AISA Full Member school in good standing
- Be in their senior year of high school
- Be endorsed and recommended by their school
- Have applied to a qualifying 501 (c)(3), U.S. chartered, degree-granting institution
Selection Criteria: The scholarships will be awarded to the students who demonstrate character strengths such as persistence and motivation, resourcefulness, and acceptance of other cultures and points of view.
Nominated students should also display a genuine interest in, and sustained commitment to the welfare of others, as reflected through participation in school activities, and community/civic involvement.
Factors considered in the selection process include:
- Academic achievement
- Financial need
- Leadership and service contributions that directly address community and societal needs and solutions
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: To be determined by the Margaret Sanders Foundation each year (normally around US$5,000)
How to Apply: Scholarship details and the application form can be found on the AAIE website here.
- Full Member AISA schools are invited to submit one student for consideration of the scholarship opportunity.
- AAIE will forward all applications received from the region to the AISA Board who will choose one student to represent the AISA region. This applicant will then compete with candidates in other regions for this prestigious international award.
- Applications are due with AAIE on 15 November.
- Winners will be notified on 15 December with awards presented at the annual AAIE Conference in February.
Looking to Get Funding for Your Small Business? Watch this! – Part 7
“Can I study a different course for Masters after Undergraduate?” – Part 6
“Should I add Supporting Documents to My Scholarship Application?” – Part 5