OFID (OPEC Fund for International Development) is offering the OFID Development Leaders Scholarship to attend One Young World Summit in The Hague Netherlands from 17 – 20 October 2018.
The OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) is the development finance institution established by the Member States of OPEC in 1976 as a channel of aid to the developing countries.
OFID works in cooperation with developing country partners and the international donor community to stimulate economic growth and alleviate poverty in all disadvantaged regions of the world.
It does this by providing financing to build essential infrastructure, strengthen social services delivery and promote productivity, competitiveness and trade. OFID’s work is people-centered, focusing on projects that meet basic needs – such as food, energy, clean water and sanitation, healthcare and – with the aim of encouraging self-reliance and inspiring hope for the future.
OFID is a long standing supporter of One Young World and has enabled more than 165 young leaders to participate in the One Young World Summit since 2011.
This year OFID will sponsor 20 young leaders who are active in international development to participate in the One Young World Summit 2018 which takes place in The Hague, Netherlands from 17 – 20 October.
One Young World was founded in 2009 by David Jones and Kate Robertson. It is a UK-based charity that gathers together the brightest young leaders from around the world, empowering them to make lasting connections to create positive change.
It stages an annual Summit where the most valuable young talent from global and national companies, NGOs, universities and other forward-thinking organisations are joined by world leaders, acting as the One Young World Counsellors.
At the Summit, delegates debate, formulate and share innovative solutions for the pressing issues the world faces.
At past Summits delegates were joined by a line-up of Counsellors that included Justin Trudeau, Emma Watson, Archbishop Emeritus Desmond Tutu, Sir Bob Geldof, Kofi Annan, Sir Richard Branson, Meghan Markle, Professor Muhammad Yunus, Jamie Oliver, Jack Dorsey and Mary Robinson. Click here to find out more about past Counsellors.
What does the scholarship include?
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2018 in The Hague, Netherlands
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis between 17 October and 20 October
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue.
- Summit hand-outs and support materials.
Who can apply?
In order to apply you must be:
- Aged 18 – 30
- A national of one of the listed eligible countries.
Successful candidates will excel in the following areas:
- Evidenced commitment to the sustainable development of their country. This commitment can come in many forms; ranging from a high level of involvement in community initiatives to social entrepreneurship or from leading responsible business practices to public service.
- Concern for local or global issues
- Ability to generate and articulate impactful ideas
Deadline: 20 July 2018
For more information, visit this link.
Also view, Mary Robinson Climate Justice Award 2018 £5,000 Grant to support young leaders