Insecurity is one of the most common, and destructive, emotions that people experience. It can lead to low self-esteem, jealousy, and a lack of confidence.
Confronting your insecurity
This is for you, the one who thinks she is not good enough, the one who always thinks she is unable and incapable, the one who lacks confidence, the one who thinks she is not qualified, the one who thinks everyone else is good enough but her, the one who thinks that her dreams are just a fallacy, it will never come to pass because she can’t, the one who thinks she is a problem.
Stop defining yourself based on the standard of society, stop defining yourself based on what people say about you. Know that you’re enough, beautiful, valuable, and worth it!
Measures in dealing with insecurity and lack of confidence
- Don’t be too hard on yourself.
- Acknowledge your strengths and work on your weaknesses.
- Appreciate yourself daily.
- Don’t be afraid to make mistakes, it’s all part of it.
- Confess positive words.
- Leave that self-pity group chat, and stop accepting the invitations to pity parties, you don’t belong there, there is nothing to pity about you.
- See yourself for who you are- loved and Valuable.
#insecurity #security #selflove #confidence
By Joy Ademuagun
Picture Credit- Freepik